The requirements to form a company are:
- A minimum paid-up capital of RM1 only
- A minimum of one (1) subscriber to the share(s) of the company
- A minimum of one director who is at least 18 years of age and is residing in Malaysia and they are not bankrupt and has not been convicted and imprisoned for the past five years.
- A minimum of one Company Secretary (Company Secretary must be a member of any one of the prescribed professional bodies or licensed by the SSM).
- Must have a resident address in Malaysia to which all communications and notices may be addressed. It is standard practice in Malaysia to have the secretarial office as the registered office.