Entry Requirements into Malaysia
Passes given to foreign viPasses given to foreign visitors upon arrival are as follows:
- Visit Pass (Social) Short Term
A Visit Pass is issued to foreigners for the purpose of a social or/and business visit, such as:
- Owners and company representatives entering Malaysia to attend a company meeting, conference or seminar, inspect the company’s accounts or to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- Investors or businessmen entering to explore business and investment opportunities or setting up manufacturing plant.
- Foreign representatives of companies entering to introduce goods for manufacture in Malaysia, but not to engage in direct selling or distribution.
- Property owners entering to negotiate, sell or lease properties.
- Foreign journalist or reporters from mass media agencies entering to cover any event in Malaysia (approval from Malaysia Ministry of Home Affair).
- Participants in sporting events.
- Students sitting for examinations in local university or on goodwill mission.
- Visitor entering on other activities than above as approved by the Director General of Immigration.
- iVisit Pass (Social) Long Term
- Social visit pass may be issued to a foreigner for temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extension may be given based on visitors’ eligibility and upon fulfilling certain conditions.
- Foreign spouses to Malaysians, holding a long term social visit pass are allowed to be engaged on any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation without converting their Social Visit Pass status to Employment Pass or Visit Pass (Temporary Employment) Pary E
- Visit Pass (Temporary Employment)
- This is issued to foreigners who enter the country to take up employment for less than 24 months.
- Employment Pass
- This is issued to foreigners who enter the country to take up employment for a minimum period of two years. Employment pass is issued after the applicant has obtained the approval for expatriate post from the relevant authorised agencies.
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- This is issued to foreigners for the purpose of engaging on short-term contract with any agency.
- The categories of foreigners who are eligible are:
|· researchers recognised by the Government of Malaysia;·members of an international organisations;
· invited lecturers/speakers;
· experts in the installation or maintenance of machines;
· those who provide technical trainings; etc
|· those entering for filming or performance;· those entering for promotion of albums or new products; etc
|Missionaries (Islam or other religions)
|· those entering for religious purposes