Expatriates refer to foreigners who are qualified to fulfill the following positions:
- Key Post
- Top Managerial Post of a foreign owned company operating in Malaysia.
- Responsible for looking after the company’s interests and investments.
- Responsible for determining the company’s policies and goals.
- Executive Post
- Professional/Middle Managerial Post.
- Required academic and working experience, practical skills related to the respective jobs.
- Responsible for implementing the company’s policies and supervision toward the junior staff.
- Non-Executive Post
- Highly skilled
- Require working experience and technical skills related to the respective jobs.
Generally, there are two stages in the employment of expatriates:
- Application for an expatriate post from relevant authorised bodies determined by the nature of the business.
- Upon approval of the expatriate posts by the approving bodies, the company must submit an application to the Immigration Department for endorsement of the employment pass.